Jordans Close Activity Centre
Thank you for considering Jordans Close Activity Centre for your camp and activities.
PLEASE NOTE, DUE TO CURRENT RESTRICTIONS JORDANS CLOSE ACTIVITY CENTRE IS CLOSED. PLEASE DO GET IN TOUCH IF YOU HAVE ANY QUESTIONS REGARDING YOUR CURRENT BOOKING – WE WILL BE IN TOUCH WITH YOU DIRECTLY.
IF YOU WISH TO CONTACT US REGARDING A FUTURE BOOKING, WE MAY NOT RESPOND AT THIS TIME, PLEASE DO BE PATIENT, AND KEEP WELL.
Jordans Close is owned and run by Bedford and Ouse Valley District Scouts.
The site is very popular with youth organisations throughout the area, including Scout and Guide groups, DofE groups and other youth organisations including schools.
Jordans Close is situated at the southern edge of the village of Great Barford, approximately 6 miles East of Bedford. It has direct access to the river Great Ouse and the Ouse Valley Way which stretches from Brackley in Northamptonshire to Kings Lynn in Norfolk.
Contact: Site Warden John Wilkes
Telephone: (+44) (0)7897 106715
Where Are We?
Great Barford village is situated off the A421 between Bedford and Roxton. From the South exit the A421 sign-posted Bedford/Gt Barford A428 and follow the signs to Gt. Barford. In the village turn right opposite the Golden Cross and follow the road. Turn left at the traffic lights at the bridge (next to The Anchor pub). The site is 100yds on the right hand side.
From the North, at the Black Cat roundabout, take the turning for Roxton. After 1.8 miles, bear left on to New Road. Follow the road for one mile, the site is on the left-hand side.
OS Map Reference: TL 13476 51809
Suitable OS Maps: Explorer 208 (Bedford and St.Neots 1:25000)
Landranger 153(Bedford and Huntingdon 1:50000)
Nearest Post Code: MK44 3LQ
Please park in the site carpark and not on the verges outside.
- 2-Acre site
- Space for 150 campers single large party, or 80+ campers multiple groups
- Scout Hut available for hire with kitchen
- Girls / boys / disabled Toilets
- Girls / boys / disabled Showers
- Camp-fire circle
- Camp-fire wood – mainly pallets
- Fridges/Freezers available for use by campers
- Tables, chairs marquees available to hire
- Provisional bookings should be made be telephone or email so that your requirements can be discussed with the warden, suitable sites allocated and date agreed. Site visits are recommended, please contact the site warden prior to your arrival. Provisional bookings must be confirmed by completing and returning the booking form accompanied by the appropriate deposit within 14 days.
- Accommodation and activity charges are reviewed and published annually. Price lists and a booking form will be sent once a provisional booking has been made. A receipt and acknowledgement will be forwarded by email or by post if an SAE has been enclosed with the booking form.
- Please separate Recyclable rubbish. Glass is to be put in the Wooden recycling shed
- If possible, please burn as much rubbish as possible.
- All Fires must be raised off the ground unless in the campfire circle.
- Please note that it is the responsibility of those using the site to ensure that the toilets and showers are kept clean and tidy
- Wood pile
- Please ensure that proper footwear is worn when getting wood from the wood pile as most of the wood is pallet wood and contains lots of nails. Please return any unused wood to the pile before you leave the site.